Boy Girl Challenge Wrap-up
The 2013 Boy Girl Intense Challenge is in the books…and what a fantastic event it was! CFVB brought a total of 19 teams to play.
Here are just some of the moments:
- Kim K totally worked outside of her comfort zone and “went for it” and participated in the Rx division. She never doubted herself!
- Eric and Carrie Childs (“Child’s Play”) rocked the scaled division and came in 4th in their very first competition.
- Kristi successfully completed an elite test of holding a freestanding handstand for 45 seconds…and in true Kristi fashion, did a dance and jumped on her judge afterwards (and of course, she was completely color-coordinated).
- Harrison unfortunately got injured in the last event, but finished it – with a huge smile on his face!
- It was fun to watch Alyssa yell at Jared. That was definitely my favorite part.
Thanks to all of you who competed…we are so proud! And a shout out goes to our members who showed up to cheer…we definitely had the biggest crowd there. CFVB is the bomb!
Competitors and spectators: post your thoughts and experiences to comments.
Workout of the Day:
7×2 clean deadlift + low hang clean (1″ off floor) + jerk, heaviest possible
With your hands on the bar the entire time, you will do two deadlifts, then bring the bar to 1″ off the ground before performing a full squat clean, then doing a jerk.
7×2 pause front squat @ 75%
full 3-second pause
“Jackie” – for time:
1000 m row
50 thrusters 45#