Open Gym Coming Soon
Big announcement: starting NEXT Sunday, April 27 for 6 Sundays, we will be testing out an Open Gym concept. Here’s how it will work:
- Each Sunday, from 11 AM to 1 PM, the gym will be open for experienced CrossFitters to come in and practice skills, work on lifts, make up a WOD from earlier in the week that he or she missed, etc.
– There will be a coach at this session who will be able to give feedback, start the clock, provide some instruction, etc.
– Any CFVB member who has been CrossFitting for 6 months or more is welcome to come.
– You may come any time within the 2-hour window, however you must be finished by 1 PM.
– This session will be in addition to your membership, so will cost a $5 cash drop-in fee.
We are hoping that this will allow you to work on weaknesses, fine-tune lifts, etc. under the watchful eye of a CrossFit coach. Because everyone will be doing something different and the coach is there to hop around and help everyone, we are limiting it to our experienced members who need minimal instruction. New members: once you get a little more experience under your belt, you are more than welcome to take advantage of Open Gym.
Note: we are initially testing this for 6 weeks. If it’s a hit, we will keep Open Gym as a regular part of our schedule. If it’s not well-attended, we will nix it. So, use it or lose it!
Workout of the Day
Every minute on the minute for 16 minutes
Odd – 3 Power Cleans men: 185-225/women: 135-155#
Even – Ring Dips men: 10/women: 5
Every minute on the minute for 12 minutes
Odd – 10 Shoulder-to-overhead 135/95
Even – 10 Burpees over bar
Post your scores to the Whiteboard.